Friday, May 29, 2009

Random Things

Because I intern for Mighty Healthy, I can't help but read what else the street-wear game is doing. I used to be mad into it when I was in high school, but do to the over-saturation of the market, I've had to step out and try to do my own thing, which ironically is what everyone else is trying to do. 

I can call myself a hype beast, or whatever, but I'm just trying to find mine. Sooner or later we find our niche, whether it's waiting in line for the a pair of Nike quick strikes, to going out and over-spending on the latest barely-there piece of cloth that American Apparel put out, eventually you finally find your groove. 

I wish painting was in the same market as photography. As much as I like photo, it will never be on the same plateau as painting. Granted paint can be argued as a dead art form, it can't be touched by anything else. As much calculation as you can put into it, it can never be as mechanically perfect as other art forms. Quote me on that. 

While we're on art, I hate that photographers charge MAD loot for shit other people can do. I mean I can knock on a dude's hustle, but if I can do the same thing. In less amount of time, best believe I'll undercut the competition. With that said, seriously. Fuck Tone. Gimme some flash bang grenades, a flood lamp, Photoshop and some aluminum foil and I'll give you the same shit. 

Word. 

No comments: