Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Best Thrift Store Find

When I go to Thrift stores, I normally go with something in mind, usually it is a jacket of some sort, possibly a pair of shoes, and all the time it's flannel. I don't like pants from Thrift stores. Tops and feet. Tops and Feet. so important I had to say it twice. Now while pants are very important to any man's wardrobe, one can always get the simplest of trousers, mainly something unwashed, and with a simple rear pocket design or no design at all; the top and shoes make the man.

Fall is my favorite season because it is layering season. I can walk out with a cardigan, hoodie or light jacket, showcasing my layering techniques, and a variety of my wardrobe, but I digress.

When I go to Thrift stores, I look for tops because they come in variety and abundance. I remember during the winter, I was hell bent on finding a motorcycle jacket, and after basically raping and pillaging every thrift store I came across, I went back to the usual spot and found it. The Salvation Army in downtown Jersey City. It never ever has done me wrong.

The reason why it's my favorite piece ever, because it's all leather, worn, and cost me all of 30 dollars, maybe even 15. I don't remember. I would have put up the Clark's Walabees I got for two dollars and fifty cents, but I don't give them enough love as I do this jacket. This jacket is tough as fuck, simply put. It's heavy, sturdy, and I'm pretty sure I can survive a stabbing with this beast. It's almost as if I am wearing a bullet proof vest with this bad boy. I'd layer it with one of my favorite hoodies, so jeans and Docs and kick ass in the night.

Come fall and winter, I'm gonna be that dude, now if all I can get is a motorcycle.

1 comment:

Keesean said...

I mean, that jacket is pretty bomb. I'm looking for a bomb-ass bomber for fall, too. Nice find.