Monday, August 17, 2009

Levis 510 Super Skinny

I have a lot of pants. I don't wear them all because I just wear one pair. And after the third pair I think I am finally going to retire them, put them in the Hall of Fame, and have them enshrined in Canton, OH. But really I am going to subject them to painting jeans. Jeans I wear them I have no other jeans. The ones I wear when I wake up after a drunken night and put them on in the morning because they are the first pair I grabbed.

I purchased these a summer ago on August 29th, right before I went to start the Fall 2008 semester. I had a pair a year before that but while trying to fix them into a pair of cut offs, I turned them into a denim skirt. I bought them so late into the summer of 2008 because at that time I was working for American Apparel and I was either wearing their pants or a pair of cut offs. But I needed another pair of Levis 510s, I loved them so much I bought two of them, it was a solid investment of 100 dollars.

Both pairs have built a personality of their own. Both have the same holes but have developed entirely differently. I bought them both unwashed, almost selvage denim. I don't know denim that well, but they had all the quality of selvage. I am showing you one because currently I can't find the other. And because I am retiring one pair, I am retiring both. This isn't a Barber situation where Tiki goes and Ronde stays, they are both going. Folded in my closest or crumped in my bed, they both will find peace.

They were pencil thin all the way to the ankle. Still are, a size 34x34, I did not mind the bunching at the bottom at all. But I feel like I need to grow out of the legging-esque denim. I was going to get a fourth and maybe 5th pair, but I settled for a regular skinny fit, one that didn't hug my calves as much as it hugged my ass down to my knees. I'm trying to get used to freedom around my ankles. I mean the pairs I bought to replace them are still skinny, but skinny like grown man skinny and no skinny like "your girlfriend's jeans" skinny.

I am going to miss these. Wearing them on a daily basis, wondering which day will be the day the croch of the jeans just has had enough and explodes on me. Seeing this picture makes me want to put them on. a part of me is just say "wear them until they do just tear completely at the croch". Look at them for Pete's sake. So distressed, so worn, so dirty, so awesome.

They will always have a place in my heart. I mean I'll still wear skinny, I'm just dropping the "Super" in front of it.

1 comment:

Neesh B Fly said...

nice blog..check out my blog neeshbfly.blogspot.com and if you like it follow me..thanks