Monday, February 1, 2010

Clarks Wallabees


I don't know the color. Probably a browns beeswax-ish type. It doesn't bother me too much, I paid $2.50 cents from them at the Salvation Army.

I go through phases where I will wear a certain pair of shoes/boots/sneakers for about a month or so. And while it doesn't seem all that unusual, if you were to see the amount of footwear I have, you'd understand. Up until January, I was wearing these vintage knockoff Red Wing boots, but when I got back to my apartment in New Brunswick, I decide to give the Wallabees a little bit of action on the track.

I know this isn't some new revelation or anything, anyone who has a pair of Wallabees can tell you the same thing (especially Ghost Face Killah), but have you ever walked on clouds? Yeah, that's what these feel like. Some people may not agree, but god the crepe sole on these bad boys is to die for. Aesthetically, I like Clarks desert boot more, mainly because I stopped wearing square toed shoes in freshmen year, and after I realized Sketchers and Diesel Shoes weren't cool anymore. But these are awesome, a classic.

I have a heavy foot. Actually I would like to think I have uneven legs do to shitty posture, so when I walk the left side of my shoe fades down, and because I'm flat foot, the balls of my feet on the sole of the shoe start to fade as well. I have been wearing these Wallabees for a good 3 weeks straight now and to my surprise the crepe has been holding up pretty well. So well in fact that I decided to give my chocolate suede ones a ride too. I'm wearing them right now. I don't need to wear my Dr Scholl's inserts in them because they just feel that comfortable when I stand and walk around. And they also give off the illusion that I am two inches taller than I actually am. I've worn them around my family and I feel like a giant next to them.

Seriously, the only knock I can find on these guys is that when I step on a crack or uneven cement on a side walk my ankle will turn in. And I know that should be like a MAJOR thing to worry about, but it's not like it happens all the time. It's more when I'm running. Oh yeah another thing, don't run in these things unless you're trying to get mugged for them, or while in them. These shoes are supposed to make you feel like Jesus and that you're walking on water. There's only a few times where you get to feel like Jesus, and when you have these shoes on, it's one of them.

I prefer the ankle length one. The ones that drop below and look more like no show socks with a plat form I'll say no to. And I'd suggest people say no to as well. I don't know my reasoning for it. Maybe it's the ankle thing, but you get the point. I'll probably never spend full price on them only because I was spoiled greatly by the price I got them for at the Salvation Army. I got my second pair for half off retail too. So yeah. I'm laying in bed wearing these. They have become like slippers.

No comments: