Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lets get Nostalgic

I honestly don't know what it is that keeps me up til the wee hours of the morning. I honestly don't know why I even blog, as far as I'm concerned I only know three people that read this. It just so happens to be fun. I guess my lack for constantly updating comes with my inability to constantly keep a camera on me. Then having to edit those pictures and THEN having to upload them. I honestly have no clue how the Sartorialist does it. He's one of my idols.

But anyway, what I wanted to show you today were old ass pictures. The plural only means like three or four, but anyway, your boy had a jaw line. Even that shit bugs me out. Rockin' the aviator shades with the tuxedo shirt. I had to have only been 15 or 16. I have no idea. But I discovered Urban Outfitters and my access to ironic tees and slim fitting jeans opened wide.

There were moments where I thought I looked fly as hell. In retrospect I did, sometimes. When it came to formal attire I had pops dress me. I had no idea how suits were supposed to fit. I was still in the transition of "from baggy to fitted". But in all honesty. I always look fly in a black suit. Even if this shit looks a bit loose, I'm still crushin' it.

God and then there are some mishaps. I look back on old photos and am like "Alan, were you a fucking retard? Look at you". But still regardless of the denim shorts. I fucking brought Nike to my generation of Jersey City hipsters. I kicked down the door and punched the dude asking for 5 bucks with it. Thank god all these garments are gone. I think I might rock those dunks again though. Raise them from the dead and shit.


At like 16/17, came the slow birth of the hipster. My hair had fully grown up to it's best potential after having it at like a 0 the previous summer. I was looking good. Like way too good. I was rocking checkerboard slip on vans before they went overboard with them and I even rocked the Wayfares, even though they were the Bahmitzvah knockoffs, you still couldn't deny me. They were heavily inspired by the Blues Brothers and Tom Cruise's character in "Risky Business", not gonna lie. Oh and I had them on because I had a stye in my eye at the time.


I went also went through some stupid scene streetwear phase but you can check those pictures out on my facebook. God, Look how far I've come along. I feel proud, I really do. I can only keep going up from here.

I'm such a fucking thug, sometimes I amaze myself.

No comments: