Thursday, January 14, 2010

Lets Talk Awesome

And by awesome, I mean this vest.


This isn't Mary McFly's vest. It is my dad's. From possibly way before he had kids. I just got off the phone with him and asked him it's age and he said possibly late 70's or early 80's. He owns a lot of clothes and he's getting old so it's understandable that he doesn't know how old it is anymore, but still. Of all the great things I have taken from my dad that no longer fits him, this is the best.

I remember when I first discovered it in high school, I had no idea what to wear it with. It didn't seem to match with anything I owned so my appreciation for it was never really there. I'm not saying Back to the Future started anything with it, but as my style has changed, I've learned to value it more. It's so sick really. Sometimes I'll just want to wear it while laying in bed or washing dishes. It's so cool. And to me it doesn't seem novelty at all, and I know I'm not gonna see some turd on Lafayette Street rockin' the same thing. Even though I don't care about exclusivity and all, it's just nice to know that I'm the only bad mother fucker in SoHo.

Anyway, this piece is awesome, and of course I'm gonna rock it like Marty McFly with the denim jacket under it. Wouldn't you? I need some new booths with this mother fucker though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I'll just want to wear it while laying in bed or washing dishes. It's so cool.

hahahaha that's hilarious. i feel the same way about my new lace-up suede booties. its great to find an article of clothing and you love it so much you don't even care whether other people see it.

Eric said...

Wear it well...Dad and I both did at one point.

It is "out of this world, banging, rocking and slamming."