Monday, January 25, 2010

Put it away, Pharrell

I for one am all about the mustache. I think the black man looks good with a mustache. There are certain things that black men can pull off that no one else really can. That is a bald head (see Michael Jordan) and a mustache (see Carl Weathers).

Pharrell has been praised for his style/fashion choices. I might not be a fan of his clothing line, but sometimes I'll see decent pieces and I'll even have to give it up to him. Now there is nothing wrong with what he's wearing, but once you see his shoes, you'd agree with me that there are certain things that even a black man can't pull off. Moon boots.

I mean, moon boots are cool if you are a Hot Topic frequenter, you attend raves and have a plurspace. But other than that, moon boots are never cool. You're not Napoleon Dynamite. You know what. fuck it. I can't even talk about this anymore. I'm just disgusted that Pharrell ruined a decent outfit with atrocity on his feet. He should know that shoes can definitely make or break an outfit. In this case, over and over and over and over again, no matter who you are. It definitely breaks.


Photos from Hypebeast, by Karl Hab.

No comments: