Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Longest Day

Could be today.

If I didn't get to sleep for 5 hours last night, it would have been a full 24 hours I was awake. I woke up with a shit ton of optimism, since school let out waking up has consisted of just wanting to get through the day. I hadn't seen Kelley in two weeks and I needed her more than a pay day, beer or a cigarette. My aunt passed away, and God bless her soul, and work for me and like everyone else in the world, is stressful. I just needed a break.

That optimism faded away quick as I was dumped, and was forced to make the drive back home in the rain, a mere couple of hours after getting to New Brunswick. Luckily Dan Fig was in town and we hit up the mall, peeped some spots and headed to Jersey City. He needed to meet his shorty in the city and I just wanted to get home. I honestly spent way too much money on unnecessary things today. The grand total would probably be about 45 bucks or something, 75 if you count the 30 I spent in the morning to get my jeans back from the tailor.

I also learned my lesson today in bar debates, not so much on "don't pull random shit out of your ass to save face", but have a smart phone. The way of the future back in the day was seen in teleportation, but scientist made it more practical and teleported shit to you, in the form of bytes. Smart phones made that accessible to you at anywhere, at any time, given the amount of service your telephone provider is giving you. No longer can there be minutes, or maybe even hours, of debating apples and oranges, phones will answer that shit for you. I got beat today, and I had no facts to show for it because my memory is failing me and things I watch on ESPN start fading together. Just know that a phone, be it a blackberry, iPhone or anything with the number 3 and the letter G in it, is a must. It skips the foreplay and goes straight to the phrase "game, set, match".

Emotions got the best of me and I left. I was planning on going home and calling it a night at 11:30, but after the day I had, I felt like getting fucked up was a must. I didn't get fucked up but I got out and went to some warehouse party which is in the hood. Mad old peole and mad young people. A majority of the party was spanish, so it was a split between spanish hispters and ghetto dudes. Watching the old people just minding their own business while kids a third their age were getting drunk with them. The young kids almsot seemed like kids trying to BE cool, and not just being. The old folks also seemed to try to BE young instead of just being. It was a weird mix of people, but interesting to say the least. In retrospect, I should have left earlier than I did though.

At 3am, hopefully I can finally close my eyes.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I've had many days like this Baby Bruddah...you just have to power through. It can't rain all the time...


...as far as bar debates go, Jeter may not be the best shortstop in the league...but Jeter > Eric Chavez.